Sunday, February 24, 2013

Since Being Here

I’m gonna try and do this really quick just cuz people keep asking me how things have been going in Tokyo and I’ve kinda just been brushing it off cuz I’m still adjusting to being here. There are some things that we’ve finally established patterns for, like putting my key card into its slot every time I come home so I can use the lights and water and heat (we live in smart apartments!), not eating in public while traveling or talking too loud on the train, and comparing yen to American dollars. And how, with a few minor exceptions, it’s been freezing cold and horribly bitter windy since we’ve gotten here. And how we’re always hungry cuz we walk everywhere. And how the sushi across the street from where we live is sometimes cheaper than anything else to eat. And how the dollar stores here are legit and have everything you could possibly need to live comfortably, and how the Japanese word I’ve use the most means “Thank you!” since the Japanese people are all so nice and polite, and how we absolutely suck at communicating with everyone.



my room decor

someone made me a beautiful welcoming sign :)

my adorable little bathroom that always makes me think I'm on a cruise ship when I step up into it

my little happy corner

So since I’ve been here… non-work-wise I’ve decorated my apartment nearly everyday to try and make it more homey and less like a hotel room. It’s a little studio apartment with a baby kitchen and a big bed and lots of space and I love it. We take the train everywhere, to work, Ikea, Costco, and neighboring cities. We’ve gone to see a few tourist-y locations already, and like singing karaoke to get to know each other better. I’m with about 40 others on our cast, and we’re so excited to be here :)  We’ve been recruited from across the U.S., Australia, and all over Europe so it’s really fun to hear us all talk. Also on the topic of non-work, my friend Erin and I were able to eat some In-N-Out the other day, while an INO team was visiting the country for a promo event and it was soooo good to get our hands on a decent burger.

they take over a local restaurant and set up shop for a day

so good to see my old manager Brian selling burgers again :)

Erin and I were so happy!

Work-wise, we’ve finally started training. We’re all doing different things so we all have training and rehearsals at different times but we like to play at night. I can’t give the magic away but it’s so fun, and so so soo magical :) We were able to see Fantasmic and the night parade the other night and they were incredible; I basically cried. There are two parks out here: Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea and TDS is one of the most incredible things I’ve ever seen! And the Arabian Coast is ginormous, I’m ever so excited to be spending so much of my time there. It also snowed that day, which made it ten times more magical. I'll put up pictures soon. .

The people here are wonderful, my cast and the Japanese, and so nice. I’m sorry if I’ve been awful at communicating, I won’t get a solid phone til the end of next month so for now it’s Facebook on my computer and my phone when I can get wifi, and then I’ll be able to get iMessages.

I wake up every morning and even though it's only been two weeks, it still blows my mind that I'm here and working for Tokyo Disney. Cray cray. I'm so humbled to work with and for the people I do. I really love the current cast here too, and it's going to be such a bummer to see them go in about a month but at the same time, we're all so excited to start working!


the same on every continent :)

in the middle of the city

 And I love my own cast already <3 and I miss everyone in the U.S. so so much! Most especially Wyatt Adam Kirk, Hannah Elizabeth Page, Gabriela Ruiz, and Katherine Emogen Orgill.

説明を追加

people here are so funny sometimes. They probs make fun of us in Japanese, it's ok

taking our suitcases to Costco cuz we had so much to get and had to take the train there and back

these people are so fab

miss my Hannaharicgabby

the morning I left

Thank heavens for Skype

love these people too much  xxxxxxooooooo

1 comment:

  1. Jenn, this sounds amazing! I'm so happy you're living your dream! Sending you love from snowy Utah.

    ReplyDelete