Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Time to Feel Japan

I basically haven't touched my blog since I've been in Japan. To be honest, there's so much to say that I couldn't possibly type it all out. Also due to my preference in keeping the Disney magic alive, there are a lot of stories I can expand upon if asked. That being said... I'm back :)


My plan for this blog in the next few months is to show just what Japan is like, or what I've seen of it thus far. In an effort to let everyone "feel Japan," I will be uploading video clips and a few pictures that show the true underlying essence of the culture that I've fallen in love with. 


I have a very short five and a half more months left here. My heart is already breaking with the knowledge that I have to leave, but in those last months I will be traveling to Kyoto (the old capital of Japan), having family and friends visit, helping to train a new cast, and getting ready for my next adventures. If you're willing to stay on this with me, I'll be sharing some of the lessons I've learned along the way (like that sleeping in public is completely acceptable, but eating isn't, or that slurping noodles loudly is a sign of appreciation for the food instead of an act of rudeness) and maybe share some of my favorite work stories :) 


Finally, I am so, so, so incredibly happy and blessed to be here. I'm reminded by it constantly in the people I meet, the smiles I see, the kisses that I'm lucky enough to have blown in my direction, the talented performers that I'm surrounded by, and in the wonderful apartment I have to come home to. This is a beautiful country, with sweet, happy people, and this year's experiences are irreplaceable. And I'm ready to start sharing them with the world. 








Hiking Mt. Fuji
Mumford and Sons concert
The Tokyo YSA's
Being an international EFY counselor
An indoor pool for 4th of July

No comments:

Post a Comment