Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Why I Don't Like Cooking

1. All the dirty dishes afterward.
2. It's expensive. 
3. Who am I going to give my food to when I get sick of the leftovers?
4. It takes way too long.
5. I have no patience, and never enough time to sit down and just wait for food to cook.
6. When I make something really good (because I'm not going to waste my time cooking recipes I know aren't yummy) I just want to keep eating it. And it's not healthy to be eating a whole plate of cookies or tons of pasta. 
7. I'm never home long enough. 
So...it bugged me a little that even though I go and buy food when I'm out a lot, and actually save money by buying less groceries I'm not using and just buy things for sack lunches and breakfast, people think I never cook, or can't. So in the last 24 hours I've made ramen (with shrimp, green onions, and eggs added, plain is too boring), guacamole (I could live off avocados), eggs with spinach and cheese, and pumpkin bars that are amazing. And I can't stop eating them, like mentioned previously. So HA. And I'm making dinner for everyone this weekend! Tortilla soup (my favorite Halloween/Fall recipe), 7-layer dip (so so so good, you could eat that by itself for dinner, my family does), and either oreo truffles or a pizooki for dessert. No one hear knows what pizookis are (I love introducing them to people :) ) and I might have to save oreo truffles for when Christmas gets closer, or we all have Thanksgiving dinner together. Too bad I still have my class to finish in three weeks...

1 comment:

  1. love it! i still hate cooking too. no time. no money. blah blah.

    ReplyDelete