Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sometimes I Just Want to Quit School

I'm taking this class. Persuasive Writing. Independent study. I feel like I've taken this same class about five times in my life now, and you'd think instead of getting harder it'd get easier. But no, they give you books to read where the author thought it'd be fun to make every word one you need to look up in a dictionary, and by the time you get to the end of the sentence you've already forgotten what the first half of the sentence was saying. I loathe those books. Do the authors just feel accomplished publishing something, or are they purposely trying to make our brains hurt? Or they like thinking they're better than everyone else because they can put ridiculous sentences together that nobody but themselves can understand. And somehow this class is supposed to make me a better person. All it's really doing is teaching me how to use online dictionaries and Wikipedia.
Also, I'm in the completely wrong section of the country to be taking an online class right now, there are WAY too many distractions. I work 'full-time,' and the rest of the time have decided to use wasting my money on Food and Wine at Epcot, "meeting" all my friends at work, and re-watching all the great Disney classics. Also of late, we like going to Steak and Shake (open 24 hours) to eat somewhat crappy burgers, harass the poor waitresses, and dance in the parking lot. And go to the Halloween party, which hosts fantastic dance parties with Woody and Jessie, and my favorite chipmunks. Also, Tarzan and Jane, the princes, and villains. Which, in my opinion, is a way better use of my time for a semester.
Blechh, school :P I'd rather just read a book. That uses normal English, thank you.
I was a muse from Hercules with Maverick and Goose

dancing at Steak N Shake

I was the prince. Everyone else made up their own characters

poca pose!

we just love Aladdin and Jasmine

Belle has more than one Beast

I couldn't let Rebekah and Paul have fun by themselves

No comments:

Post a Comment