Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Whirlwind of Magic

It’s been awhile since I’ve had time to do anything, let alone post on a blog! I flew to Florida last week on Tuesday, and since then have moved in (I finally finished putting my stuff away today, because it’s literally been a whirlwind of things to do since I got here), been training in the Entertainment department of WDW (Walt Disney World) as a character performer, and have my first days off this Friday and Saturday. And I get the whole two days free! Problem is, I don’t know tons of people here yet (that’s a lie, I do, I just don’t know them all well) so….I can go to Walmart again and get even more things I can’t take back with me, go visit my new friends at their jobs in various places, go shopping at the outlet mall right down the street, go swimming, go workout, sweat, watch some episodes of Modern Family…or take a half hour or so bus ride to the parks :) I get to play in 6 different Disney parks (2 of the water variety) for the next four months. Nbd. Oh and guess what starts in a week or so? School, which = empty parks to play in. And guess what’s in two months? Oh Halloween, and I’m only in the greatest place in the U.S. for costume and character ideas. In three? Thanksgiving, where the food here is obnoxiously delightfully scrumptious. And four? Oh yes it’s Christmas, my all-time favorite holiday that I either celebrate or get ready to celebrate all year. Christmas in the swamps—it’s gonna be good. 
By the way I love the weather here! It feels so good to not be putting lotion and Vaseline on all the time, and with the job that I have, it makes you feel like you’re working out more than you actually are just because humidity droplets zoom and stick to you like magnets, to form waterfalls of lovely sweat. Speaking of which, I love my job :) I love my life! If I could have a ! and a :) after every sentence, it would probably be appropriate. But just like in texts, those get so annoying after awhile, so I apologize if I overdo it. I’m just SO HAPPY. I feel like this is the best, most awesome place in the world to be for me right now, I get paid to play everyday, and oh my goodness, I get paid to play with kids and people in the land of fairy tale endings and happily ever afters, where princesses are around every corner and their princes are right behind them. I love being a part of the magic everyday. My first set of training officially ends tomorrow, and while I have to be vague on all the details for the sake of keeping my job, just keep checking back or on my Facebook, and I’ll try and let you know what I’m up to. I’m planning on going to DAK (Disney’s Animal Kingdom) on Friday for the first time, and we’re going to meet Pocahontas! I’m so so so sooooo excited, especially because I’m going to become very good friends with her in the near future :) Chip and Dale, Gideon, King Louie, and maybe even Dug and Mr. Penguin if I’m lucky, are beginning to be my dear friends and I love them all so much! Life is good, and I entirely recommend you all get your buns over here to experience this as I see it, cuz I may not ever leave :)

P.S. Apparently a category 3 hurricane (Irene) is going to hit Florida this Friday? Never been through one of those before. If I die, I’ll die utterly and completely blissfully happy :) But really. After I meet Rapunzel. And Pocahontas.

No comments:

Post a Comment