Thursday, August 11, 2011

Engaged To Be Engaged

Sooooo....today Dave Allbee and I pretended via Facebook that we were engaged to be married. Dave and I were co-counselors this last week at EFY in Provo (Utah), and just like every other week, the kids were just in love with the idea of us being In Love :) Precious, it's true, but rarely does it actually happen. Even more rare (yes we are in Provo, but still) are the introductions a week before the actual engagement. The whole day Dave's aunts and uncles were calling his mom, and my friends from home and school were texting me asking if it was true. Why people believed Dave more than me doesn't quite make sense, maybe because he's a little older and I've been swearing for the past few years I wouldn't get married? Plus I still have to do EFY again next summer, duhh. Aww the kids were so sweet about it though, saying they knew we'd get married and knew the whole week we were meant to be. At least we didn't take fake engagement pictures, like some April Fool's jokers up here that I know. Sorry honeys, especially in the Land of the Fabulous and Flashy that I'd flying to next week, there's no way I'll be getting hitched anytime soon. Thank goodness :) Love to Dave, who put up with all the calls, texts, and messages on Facebook today with me, we had a great run while it lasted. 
girl's choice at the dance

we make such a cute couple


No comments:

Post a Comment