Sunday, August 7, 2011

Over Already??

So I spent all afternoon (and I'm still not done yet) writing to all my girls on Facebook to let them know that I miss them. Approximately 50 messages. I just wish I had all the time in the world to write in my journal, lay out and catch those rays, work out, say hi to every single person in Provo that I missed while I was gone and will miss for the next five months, tell all the people I appreciate how much I appreciate them, never sleep (cuz I'm super woman and don't need to) read all the books I haven't had the time to read in the last few years, organize all my laundry and clean the house, start my application to the Advertising Program already, catch up on TV shows, read my scriptures without droopy eyes, and maybe even go on a few dates. I don't know how women in the world do it. I look back on the summers I had in high school when I was bored out of my mind for lack of things to do, and wistfully go back to my current To-Do list. 
EFY's already over! I had SUCH a fantastic week getting to know my girls better than ever before, meeting an entire new team of counselors, BC's and other counselors on the three other teams working at BYU, and trying to keep the 2,000 kids on campus organized and happy. I'm in complete awe of the people in Provo who've done 6-11 weeks of EFY in a row and aren't burnt out yet. Props. At the end though, I could barely tear myself away from my kids and my co, was so, so happy to sink into my own bed at night, and then have the opportunity to bare my testimony in church this morning :) My girls prayed half of the week for rain on Friday so we could combine dances with the other colored teams, and in the end Heavenly Father won out, it didn't rain, but by a miracle in the form of an errand and a kid that needed just a bit of service, I was able to go to both the dances I wanted :) EFY's not just for the kids, and I love it. I love it so much. Butttt....one more week and I'm leaving for Orlando! What a trip. I love my life. To end with the lovely little quote that's on a fridge (more than one of us quoted it today in Testimony Meeting): "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."
Spencer (Ken), Dave (my co-co) and I

applying the scriptures to our lives

where we had our morning gospel study

Dave and I looking for shapes in the clouds (he found a femur?)

1 comment: